FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: INCLUSIVE INTERNSHIP PROJECT
- How/when do I get paid?
- Students will get paid the stipend in two halves during the semester they are interning. The first half will be paid out at the mid-term, and the remaining amount will be paid out at the end of the term. Payments are paid out once the student has submitted their hours, with supervisor signature, as well as submitted their assessments (one each at the mid- and end-term).
- My internship is two-semesters long; can I be paid both semesters?
- At this time, students may only receive the stipend for their internship for one semester, even if the internship extends beyond one semester.
- How do I find an internship?
- There are many routes a student can go to find an internship! Please reach out to one of these staff members for help:
- What’s the deadline to apply?
- To participate in the full-semester, deadlines are (typically) two days before the official college Course Add/Drop date.
- How do I know I am participating in the Inclusive Internship Project and am guaranteed a stipend?
- Official participation in the Inclusive Internship Project is once the Contract is created, submitted, and fully approved by your on-site internship supervisor and the Inclusive Internship Project Coordinator. You will receive an email that confirms the completion of your Contract, where you will be given the hours tracking timesheet. Creating and submitting the contract is the Third (and final) step in the process.
- What are my options for an internship course?
- Option 1: If you major/minor requires you to take an internship course to graduate, you can choose to enroll in that course. Please speak to your faculty advisor(s) if this is the route you need to go so you enroll in the correct course(s).
- Option 2: Institutional Course (IC) 470 or 475.
- IC 470 – a general for-credit internship course offered by Edgewood College. Can be taken for anywhere between 1-16 credits, depending on how many hours the internship is.
- IC 475 – a general zero-credit internship course offered by Edgewood College
- Does this cost anything to the organization to be a partner?
- Nope – it costs nothing at all to be a partner! By filling out an application you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of being a partner, if eligible to be a partner and are accepted.
- How many internships do I need to provide?
- As many as your organization needs! We cannot guarantee you any student interns, but post as many (or as little) internships as you’d like each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) and we will work on promoting them on our campus for students to apply to.
- How do I find a student intern?
- The best way to connect with Edgewood College students is to post your open internships on Handshake. This is the online career system we use on campus and direct our students to use when searching for anything from internships, part-/full-time jobs, volunteering, and other career development opportunities!
Need more information? Have additional questions? Want to chat about the program? Feel free to contact:
Richelle Kasten, M.S.
Inclusive Internship Project Coordinator
Call: (608) 663-6740