Student Eligibility Requirements
- Student must be enrolled as an undergraduate at Edgewood College
- Student must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Student must be able to enroll in an Edgewood College internship during the term they are interning
- Student must be a degree-seeking student
- If Student has not completed the Internship Prep Course at Edgewood College prior to an internship, student must complete the Internship Prep Course modules on Blackboard during the term of their internship
Organization Eligibility Requirements
- Organization must be at least one of the following:
- Government agency
- Small to medium size start-up/business
- Organization must reside within Dane County, WI
- Organization must be able to provide and on-site internship supervisor when an intern is present
- Organization must be able to demonstrate the need for financial assistance for an intern
- Organization must agree to the Terms and Conditions of participation in the Inclusive Internship Project, and understand that participation requires some additional work for the student intern and on-site supervisor
Internship Eligibility Requirements
Please see the Edgewood College Internship Definition for more information on how an internship is defined and approved at Edgewood College: Internship Definition
Students may already have an internship arranged OR obtain assistance finding an internship through the Inclusive Internship Project Coordinator in Career Development. Available internships from already partnered organizations can be found on Handshake by using the "Inclusive Internship Project Partner" filter on the Job search function.
Stipends are offered on a rolling, first-come, first-served, basis. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as an internship opportunity is identified and/or as soon as there is interested in participating in the program and finding an internship. The stipend is guaranteed when the Contract between the Student and their internship Organization has been completed, submitted and fully approved. The Inclusive Internship Project can support 40 students total within one academic year (Fall, Spring, Summer). Students who have an unpaid internship are encouraged to apply. Students who are looking for an internship in Dane County are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Students, please log in to your Handshake account, then access the application through this link:
- Organization, please log in to your Handshake account, then access the application through this link:
Both of these links are also provided at the top of the page in red buttons. Don’t have a Handshake account yet? Students can activate their account by using their Edgewood College student email and password. Organizations can create a free Employers account in minutes.
About the Gift and the Oscar Rennebohm Foundation
The community needs a strong workforce—beyond quantity of workers, our economy will benefit from the contributions of quality employees. This includes not only technical skills, but also excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability for self-management. These “soft skills” can be learned on-the-job, but students who learn these early will be able to contribute to their companies faster and more efficiently. By participating in the Inclusive Internship Project, students are gaining valuable experience, a stipend appropriated to the number of hours worked, and aiding in the growth of greater Madison area small/medium, government, and not-for-profit businesses.
Enriched learning experiences - such as internships - play a critical role in students’ personal and professional development, but unpaid internships may also create financial barriers for students. We believe that internship experiences and experience should be equally accessible to all students. Thanks to the Oscar Rennebohm Foundation's gift to Edgewood College, we are able to provide stipends to undergraduate students through the Inclusive Internship Project. This program this program supports students while participating in an internship with an organization that would otherwise by unpaid.